Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Khan's London: Pregnant Woman Knifed to Death


This chaos is never going to go away as long as Sadiq khan rules over London. The barbarism will only continue.

Police have launched a murder investigation after Kelly Mary Fauvrelle, who was around eight months pregnant, was killed in what a senior detective described as a “horrific incident”.

The 26-year-old was found with stab injuries and died in Raymead Avenue, in Thornton Heath, Croydon at around 3.30am on Saturday but her baby was delivered at the scene.

The baby of a mum-to-be stabbed to death in south London is fighting for its life in hospital.

A 37-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and has been released under investigation pending further enquiries, with the force stating officers "retain an open mind to any motive".

A 29-year-old man was also arrested on Saturday on suspicion of murder. He was taken to a south London police station.

Detective Chief Inspector Mick Norman said: "This is a horrific incident in which a young mother has lost her life and her child is critically ill.

"Our sympathies go out to her devastated family. They are being supported by specially trained officers following this awful event, and I would ask that they are left alone at this time as they come to terms with the enormity of what has happened.

"A large crime scene is in place, and is likely to be in place for some time.

"At the forefront of our inquiries is understanding what exactly has led to these tragic circumstances, and we are doing everything we can to establish the facts."

Medics fought to save the mother after an air ambulance, two ambulance crews and two response cars were sent to the scene by the London Ambulance Service.

The force said the woman's next of kin have been informed but formal identification is yet to take place so police can confirm that the victim is Kelly Mary Fauvrelle. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.

A London Ambulance Service spokesman said they were called at 3.26am on Saturday to reports of an incident on Raymead Avenue, Thornton Heath.

"We sent an incident response officer, two ambulance crews, two medics in response cars and an advanced paramedic to the scene. We also dispatched London's Air Ambulance," he said.

"We took one person to hospital as a priority. Sadly, despite the extensive efforts of medics, another person died at the scene."