Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Migrant raped 11-year-old girl, then fled to Slovakia


A migrant boy of 16 raped an 11-year-old girl at a house party and fled to Slovakia while on bail after his mother managed to apply for emergency travel documents - despite the fact police had seized his passport, a court has heard. 

Marek Slepcik stripped off his victim's clothes and attacked her at a house in Kensington, Liverpool, in July 2016.

Slepcik, who is now 20, was arrested and had his passport seized less than two weeks later.

He was bailed and interviewed a second time in October 2016, but then fled to Slovakia while still on bail the following year after his mother managed to acquire emergency travel documents for him. 

A European Arrest Warrant was executed on March 3, he was detained in a Slovakian prison until he was extradited to the UK on July 27. 

This week Slepcik, now 20, admitted to raping a child under the age of 13.

He was sentenced to four years and 10 months in a young offenders' institute - avoiding prison due to his age at the time of the offence.

A judge at Liverpool Crown Court heard how Slepcik's victim sneaked out of her home and met friends at a park in Fairfield in 2016 and drank vodka before they were joined by Slepcik.

Another boy, 17, bought more alcohol, before taking the group to an empty house he had a key for in Kensington to continue drinking.

Once there Slepcik stripped the drunk child half naked despite her protestations and raped her, before leaving her crying and in pain.

The girl said she had never met Slepcik before that afternoon and he hadn't been drinking, but she had five or six drinks of vodka from a bottle.

They reached the house in Thornes Road, Kensington, at around 7pm and she was alone downstairs with Slepcik when he said 'take your jeans off now' and she said 'no'.

Ms Snowdon said Slepcik hugged and kissed her before he undressed her, pulled her down onto a bed and raped her, then left.

The next day at school, the victim told teachers what happened and the police were contacted, who interviewed the girl and took swabs from her.

Judge Menary told Slepcik the girl's life had been difficult since and there was 'considerable delay' in the case being resolved because his parents in breach of bail took him back to Slovakia.

Judge Menary said sentencing guidelines stated there must be a reduction in his sentence because of his age at the time.

He said: 'You knew full well what you were doing, knew it was plainly wrong and that she was significantly younger than you and underage, and you took advantage of her and her state of drunkenness.'

Judge Menary sentenced Slepcik to four years and 10 months in a young offenders institution and said he must sign on the Sex Offenders Register indefinitely.